Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015




 What a wonderful Mother’s Day.  It started off with waking up to the pitter patter of little feet coming from downstairs, followed by little giggles.  I peeked open the door and asked if I could come down, but no I was instructed to stay in bed.  So I relaxed, for like a ½ HOUR, my time to reflect.  Perfect.  I was then treated to breakfast in bed, a sweet homemade card, and a beautiful bracelet.
 We then headed to the pool for a couple hours.  We have been doing this every Sunday for the past  three weeks.  I love it because it is such great family time, and Mark actually puts down his phone!  Ha ha.  But we have mainly been pooling it up because the kids are in swimming lessons and it has been a rough start and they HATE it, but we are making progress. 

One of the first families I noticed when we got to the pool was a young family, the kids were about 2 and 6 months old.  They stood out because the mom didn’t have any hair and was quite pale.  It is obvious that she is sick.  It made me sad because she was about my age, if not younger.  I ended up talking to her for a bit because Bentley was obsessed with her 6 month old. I wished her a happy Mother’s Day, and asked how her day was going.  Even though she is sick, she had such a positive attitude and was so full of life.  It made me feel sad, it made me feel inspired, it made me feel lucky.  I think the best way to describe what I was feeling is simply grateful.  Grateful for my life, my health, my family.

After our swim, we had a quick lunch and off to downtown to meet up with my brother and his girlfriend to celebrate our mom.  We had a lovely but windy walk, I said a silent prayer to my Angel Mom, then had a speedy ½ mile run with B in my arms getting her to the bathroom because little one had to PEE. 

In the late afternoon we celebrated another important mom, that of course being Mark’s mom Wendy.  We had them over for a barbeque and hopefully she felt loved and appreciated.

It was a truly lovely and busy day.  So blessed to have my two sweet and sassy munchkins.  My heart is complete!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment