Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Great Day to be a Non-Smoker

As I look outside my office window at the wind gusting the snow everywhere and people all bundled up fighting the cold - it makes me so thankful that I have not smoked in 8 days and I no longer have to be one of those people freezing their butts off while having a cigarrette.

I am also thankful at how easy the quitting smoking process has been. I started on Champix a couple weeks ago. It was amazing how after a couple days I did not like the taste of smoking and would only want a couple drags. The quitting smoking was easy - the side effects from the pills not so much. The best way I can describe it is morning sickness for about 5 hours after taking a pill - 2 doses per day. I talked to the pharmacist about it and he said I could cut the pills in half and take half doses. Did not help. So I am now taking one pill right before I go to bed and pray I fall asleep before it kicks in. Regardless of the side effects - it is worth it. I think I will just take the pills for another couple weeks and be done with this whole process.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Alynne, it's definitely not an easy process!! You picked a good time of year to quit too. Each time I quit it took a really bad bout of the flu to finish it, so maybe the nausea is part of the reason Champix is so effective? Either way, they say it takes 3 weeks to make something a habit, and you're already 8 days down to making your new habit of not smoking! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete