Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Daycare Day 1 - Success

I woke up this morning and thought to myself today is the day. How did it come so quickly, it seems like yesterday Mark and I finalized our daycare.

On the drive over it really sunk in, and emotions took over and I started crying. But this soon stopped as I got lost. Like seriously, I think I need a GPS. Anyway, we arrived and as Kathy greeted us my anxiety and sadness was calmed. We chatted for a bit then it was time for me to go. Kathy said give mom a kiss, and I started crying again. Like seriously, I cry way too easy these days.

So, I filled my day with an eye exam and picking out new glasses, as well as strolling through the mall. I thought about Karter a lot. I knew he was in good hands, but just hoped that he was happy and having fun. I wanted to call, but Mark reassured me that if there was a problem Kathy would call. So I DID NOT call, so proud of myself.

The anticipation was killing me as I drove to pick Karter up. I DID NOT get lost this time. I was greeted by a happy little boy. Kathy said everything went well, really well. And I could tell she was being sincere. She said he only cried for 5 minutes when she put him to bed, he loved playing with the toys and that he is a good eater. I felt so proud of my little man!! The funny thing was that when I was putting his jacket on, he didn`t want me, he wanted Kathy. She held him as I put on my shoes, and he just stared at her and smiled. Like, Hello, I only left you for 4 hours, you can`t fall in love with your babysitter that quickly. Lol, it was really great to see he is smitten for her.

So we will continue daycare once a week in December. It works out really well because Kathy has no kids on Tuesdays so she can focus on Karter. Then in January we can mix him in with the other kids.

All in all a successful day!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the day was good, I can only imagine how hard it was for you to leave him but I'm sure it will become routine after a little while. I'm so glad you found a great daycare!!! Sounds like Karter is in great hands - and you're right - they're lucky to have him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear it was a success! For me, the first day was the hardest and the anticipation to pick him up was unbearable. Almost 3 months later picking him up is still the most exciting party of my day!

    ReplyDelete